(+34) 913 497 100

|

TwitterFacebookYouTubeInstagram
News | Mar 02 2018

Spanish Wines in the Spotlight at Wine Fair in Oslo

Spanish wineries, exhibitors, importers and trade professionals consider the annual Spanish Wine Fair to be one of the industry’s top events

Wine Fair in Oslo

Spanish wines were recently in Oslo, Norway for the Spanish Wine Fair, held on February 26th. The 14th edition of this event, Viner Fra Spania, was organized jointly by ICEX and the Spanish Embassy’s Economic and Commercial Office in the Norwegian capital.

The fair was hosted at the stunning 17th century palace, Gamle Logen, and was open to three specific groups: members of HoReCa, Vinmonopolet, the government-owned alcoholic beverage retailer and, finally, consumers.

Attendance totaled 280: 91 from HoReCa, 15 students from the culinary school Kulinarisk Akademie, 13 members of the trade media, 21 from Vinmonopolet, and 109 consumers. Around 450 wines were in attendance as well, coming from a variety of DOs from across Spain, including Rioja, Cava, Ribera del Duero, Rías Baixas, Penedès, Priorato, Rueda, and Navarra.

This is a very important event and is a key part of ICEX’s promotional strategy in Norway, given the market’s complexity due to Vinmonopolet, which accounts for 85% of sales and has extremely strict advertising rules. HoReCa accounts for the remaining 15%, and that channel is playing an increasingly important role.

Exhibitors/importers, Spanish wineries operating in the country and trade professionals all consider this to be one of the leading wine fairs in Norway.
 

The fair was hosted at the stunning 17th century palace, Gamle Logen, and was open to three specific groups: members of HoReCa, Vinmonopolet, the government-owned alcoholic beverage retailer and, finally, consumers.

Samara Kamenecka/@ICEX
wine from spain
Close cookie popup

WARNING ABOUT COOKIES

Foodswinesfromspain.com use both our own and third-party cookies for exclusively internal and analytical purposes. They enable us to remember, control and understand how users navigate through our website so we are able to offer services based on information from the user's browser. Some cookies belong to third parties located in countries where the legislation does not guarantee a suitable level of data protection. Click here for more information about our cookie policy. You can accept all cookies by clicking on "Accept" button or you can configure or reject them by clicking on "Settings".