Following the success of the firs Spanish Wine Tasting in Côte d’Ivoire that took place on December 2019, ICEX/Foods and Wines from Spain is organising a virtual wine and food- tasting on November 25 2020. The main participants in the event will be the main wine and food importers in the country as well as the heads of the most important hotels and restaurants in Abidjan, la economic pole of the Côte d’Ivoire.
This virtual tasting will be hosted by Marc Paitier, one of the most recognized experts of the wine sector in France and in the Côte d’Ivoire, also renowned by his vast knowledge of Spanish wines.
The participating wines in this session will be:
- Alta Alella Laietà Cava Gran Reserva Brut Nature 2016 - Bodegas Alta Alella
- Sapientia; D.O. Rueda; 100% verdejo; 2018 - Bodegas Lagar Moha
- DOP Jumilla 100% Monastrell 2019 Joven - Bodegas Luzón SL
- Cyan Roble Cyanopica (Ecológico); D.O. Toro; 100% Tinta de Toro; 2017 - Bodegas Familiares Matarromera
- Ramón Bilbao Crianza DO: Rioja 100% Tempranillo Riojano Añada: 2017 - Bodegas Ramón Bilbao
- Langa Classic DOP Calatayud 100% - Bodegas Langa
The virtual wine tasting will also be completed with the opportunity to taste some Spanish gastronomic products, such as:
- The olive oil Elixe seleccion gourmet Frutado - Machirica
- The duck “foie gras” 130 gr. - Conservas Martiko
- The high standard mineral water PREMIUM ROCKS - Saint Aniol
- The biological milk - Bio Asana
Despite the negative impact of the sanitary crisis triggered by the COVID-19, the Ivoirian wine market is in full-boom. The country is the second wine importer in Sub-Saharan Africa, just behind Nigeria. In the Ivoirian market the Spanish wines play a key role, currently placing themselves in the top ranking jointly with France. Notwithstanding, the Spanish high- quality wines are not enough renowned in the market since the main sales are still of non-bottled wine.
Regarding the gourmet food market, the rising consumption demand of the Ivoirian middle class, the existence of a huge offer of restaurants and hotels in Abidjan as well as the deeply rooted culture of Ivoirians towards new flavours open up multiple possibilities to Spanish gourmet products.
This event organised jointly by the Spanish Economic and Commercial Office in Abidjan and ICEX will give the professional public the opportunity to know the high quality and variety of the Spanish wines and gourmet food products, confirming the long term strategy of ICEX Wines and Foods from Spain in the Ivoirian market. This initiative is part of the broader campaign Spain Food Nation.