Pedro Rodríguez Dios
The cuisine offered by Pedro Rodríguez Dios is one of simple flavors and subtle sophistication, based on the sound foundations of tradition and Canary Island produce. Named best chef de cuisine in the Canary Islands in 2007, Rodríguez Dios is known for his mastery of culinary techniques and his versatility, displayed not only some time ago in La Gañanía restaruanta and now in his new venue, Humboldt (located in La Orotava Valley), but also in his writing.
He is co-author of Cocina de Canarias. La evolución (Canary Island Cuisine. Evolution) in which he shares his passion for updating patisserie in the Canaries. In Maridajes canarios, armonía entre platos y vinos (Canary Island Matching, Harmony Between Dishes and Wine) he makes original suggestions for marrying foods with some of the great Canary wines, and in Cocina de Canarias. La tradición (Canary Island Cuisine. Tradition), he focuses on traditional Canary cuisine, “treating it with the respect it deserves”. Pedro works in his restaurant with a young team, all skilled in the essential techniques.
- Cocina de Canarias. La evolución (co-author) (Planeta, 2011)
- Maridajes canarios, armonía entre platos y vinos (Larousse, 2011)
- Cocina de Canarias. La tradición (Ixo Editorial, 2009)
- 2011 Canary Islands Best Chef (Qué Bueno Guide.
- 2007 Best Chef de Cuisine in the Canary Islands.