Foods and Wines from Spain and Alimentos de España are pleased to host Spain’s Great Match, an annual event organized by the Trade Commission of Spain in San Francisco, California as Spanish flavors take center stage at this lively, action-packed afternoon devoted to Spanish wine and culinary seminars, regional spotlights, and food-and-wine pairing challenges. Educationally rich programming is presented by a team of Master Sommeliers and culinary experts. Seminars include a deep dive into the DO Cava and an in-depth look at the fascinating fare and culinary heritage of the northwestern region of Castilla y León.
Wine Tastings and Culinary Workshop
Along the way, attendees can look forward to sampling 200+ new vintages from many of the country’s leading wineries alongside producer tastings of premium EVOO’s, mono-varietals and blends, a selection of cheeses from Spain and more, at one of the largest trade-only celebrations of Spain’s gastronomy on the west coast.
- Walk-around food and wine tastings. Delicacies including:
- A variety of Spanish jamón and cheese.
- Albondigas– traditional Spanish meatballs.
- Croquetas de jamón.
- Patatas Bravas– spicy Spanish potatoes.
- Manchego & wild mushroom bikini sandwiches.
- Open-flame whole grilled octopus.
- Seafood Paella.
- Jamón Ibérico carving, and more...
- Live cooking demos.
- Chef and Master Sommelier-led culinary & wine seminars.
- Master Sommelier-led mini wine varietal flights.
- Food and wine pairing challenges.
- Mixologist-led Artisan Cocktail bar.
*All trade and media events are complimentary– RSVP required. Please bring a business card.