Goat Cheese and Pear Tartlets with Pedro Ximenez Reduction
1. Combine flour and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium until it looks like cornmeal.
2. Add sugar, salt and egg. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out dough into a thin sheet. Use a ring cutter to cut circles that will cover the bottom and sides of small tart forms.
4. Mix the goat cheese, lemon juice, salt and honey. Place in the bottom of each tartlet.
5. Cover the top of each tartlet by overlapping the pear slices. Mix butter and cinnamon and brush on top of the pear slices.
6. Bake at 190˚C for 35 minutes or until pears are cooked and the pastry is golden.
7. Place Pedro Ximenez in a pot and reduce over low heat. Drizzle finished tarts with the reduction.
Preparation: Rebekka Schmitt