Oct 09 2021 00:00 h - Oct 13 2021 00:00 h
Spanish producers head to Germany for the Anuga trade fair. From October 9th to 13th, 2021, the 36th ANUGA will take place in Cologne, which, along with the SIAL in Paris and the Alimentaria in Barcelona, is one of the leading international trade fairs in the food and beverage sector.
With a participation of 159 exhibitors at Anuga 2021, the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade will again this year present a wide range of foods and specialties, which have become an indispensable part of the range of international and German trade and Gastronomy.
- Spanish gourmet products such as olive oils, olives, canned fish, vegetables and fruit, ready meals, spices, snacks, sweets etc. are mainly offered in Hall 11.1 (Fine Food) by 102 exhibitors who are exhibiting with the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade.
- In Hall 5.2. (Meat) the focus is on ham, both Ibérico and Serrano, sausage products such as chorizos and fuet as well as different types of meat (24 Spanish exhibitors).
- In hall 10.1. (Dairy) exhibit 13 Spanish companies; mostly with cheese.
- Other Spanish specialties such as drinks (wines, liqueurs and fruit juices) are represented by 12 exhibitors in Hall 8.1 (Drinks).
- And frozen foods (ready meals, ice creams, etc.) in Hall 4.2 (Frozen Food) round off the range of Spanish exhibitors with 8 exhibitors.
Over 4000 exhibitors from 94 countries present their products and new trends in the food sector. About 90% of the exhibitors come from abroad, an indication of the international importance of the exhibition platform. Spain is the second country with the largest number of exhibitors with 380. Italy has the biggest number (637), followed by Spain, Germany (374), Turkey (292) and Poland (201). The total number of exhibitors at Anuga 2021, including the Spanish participation, has in some cases greatly reduced due to the pandemic compared to the penultimate edition of the fair. However, Spain is still the country with the second highest number of exhibitors, a sign of the export orientation and competitiveness of our country's food sector.
Anuga is the ideal platform to keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector and future trends; At the same time, it is the meeting point for those involved in the food sector on an international level. The focus of this year's edition is the change in nutrition, which has picked up speed significantly as a result of the pandemic and once again made the volatility of the global food and ecosystem and the need for a global food turnaround visible.