2021 FOOD & WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN
350 E Durant Avenue, Aspen, CO 81611
United States Of AmericaHow to get there
Sep 10 2021 00:00 h - Sep 12 2021 00:00 h
10th, 11th and 12th of September.
Get ready for the return of the year's most exciting live culinary experience, as foods and wines from Spain is set to open minds and palates at the 2021 Food & Wine Classic in Aspen from September 10-12.
ICEX Spain Export and Investment and Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture are proudly partnering with the Trade Commission of Spain (NYC), to showcase premium products and innovative cuisine, all centered around the best Spanish food and wine available in the US market today.
A Grand Spanish Gesture - Spain Tent September 10, 11, 12
From Friday through Sunday, attendees can immerse themselves in cooking demonstrations, seminars and wine tastings by celebrated chefs and sommeliers. Spain is the only country in the Grand Tasting village with an entire tent dedicated to its exhibitors, so it’s easy to spend a full day exploring and savoring Spain in the Carpa España:
There are 12 companies pouring an extensive list of wines from many of Spain's Designations of Origin including an exclusive DO Cava tasting station. The premier producers from Spain include: Bodegas Muga, Familia Torres, Félix Solis, Mar de Frades, Ramón Bilbao, J. García Carrión, Bodegas Jorge Ordóñez, Marqués de Cáceres, Pares Balta, Raventós Codorníu, Sandalo Organic Estates and Vinamericas.
To accompany the wines, Chef Javier González Bringas from Tempranillo Restaurant (Basalt, Colorado) is creating a tasting menu that changes each day, including dishes like gazpacho, ajoblanco, albóndigas, Iberico pork meat and black rice, to name a few. Reflecting the trend for boozy flavors in food, some of the dishes go as far as to incorporate wine - such as salmon with Moscatel vinegar.
A Taste of Spain from a North Carolina Kitchen- Seminar & Cook-Along: September 11
Katie Button, one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs of 2015 and the owner of Cúrate Bar de Tapas and La Bodega by Cúrate (Asheville, North Carolina) will lead the Taste of Spain seminar. The celebrated chef will be cooking up a storm with three incredible dishes and Spanish wines to pair – highlights on the menu include white asparagus with boquerones and Katie’s own sobrasada.
This seminar is available online, so if you can’t be there in person, just tune into the LIVE feed on @SpainFoodWineUS Facebook page at 3 pm, mountain time. Get the most out of your home experience by ordering the Cook Along box (pre-order by September 7th), containing the dishes as demonstrated by Katie Button (think Marcona almonds and goat cheese stuffed piquillo peppers) and a signed copy of her cookbook.
The New Spain – Wine Seminars September 10, 11
While the big names of Spanish wine are available at the Carpa España, the lesser-known varietals and wines are also getting a spotlight this weekend. Alpana Singh, owner of Terra and Vine Restaurant (Illinois) and the youngest female Master Sommelier in the world at age 26, will talk us through ‘The New Spain’ on both Friday and Saturday at 10 am.
Forming part of the ICEX and Spain’s Ministry of Agriculture #spainfoodnation campaign, it’s an exciting time for Foods and Wines from Spain, as Aspen will soon find out!
Check out the complete Aspen FWS Seminar Schedule
Thursday, September 9
- 11:30am. ACRA (Aspen Chamber Resort Association) Luncheon. Presented by Katie Button | Jerome Hotel. Download menu.
Friday, September 10
- 10:00am – 11:00am. Seminar 106: The New Spain | Presented by Alpana Singh | The Little Nell 2.
- 11:00am – 11:30am. PT1 Private Trade Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (Restaurant Trade, F & W and Press Only).
- 11:30am – 1:30pm. GT1 Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm. GT2 Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 7:45pm. Food & Wine’s Mountaintop VIP Party.
Saturday, September 11
- 10:00am – 11:00am. Seminar 306: The New Spain | Presented by Alpana Singh | The Little Nell 2.
- 11:00am – 11:30am. PT2 Private Trade Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (Restaurant Trade, F & W and Press Only).
- 11:30am – 1:30pm. GT3 Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm. Seminar 404: Foods and Wines from Spain Presents: A Taste of Spain from a North Carolina Kitchen | Presented by Katie Button | Jerome Hotel. Download menu.
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm. GT4 Grand Tasting2. Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
Sunday, September 12
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm. PT3 Private Trade Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (Restaurant Trade, F & W and Press Only).
- 12:30pm – 2:30pm. GT5 Grand Tasting. Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 2:30pm – 4:00pm. Breakdown of Spain Tent.
To stay up to date during the 2021 Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, follow us on:
405 Lexington Ave, 47th floor, New York, NY 10174
1 212 661 4959