(+34) 913 497 100

|

TwitterFacebookYouTubeInstagram
News | Mar 15 2018

Chinese Consumers’ Love Affair with Spanish Pork, Wine and Olive Oil

China ranks 8th in the world in terms of Spanish agri-food imports, and there is always scope for growth

Grapes

Chinese consumers know a delicious, quality product when they see one, and they are particularly enamored of three Spanish products in particular: olive oil, wine and pork.

In fact, Spanish agri-food items accounted for slightly more than 20% of total exports to China in 2017, reflecting growth of around 7%, and the three aforementioned products accounted for 80% of those agri food exports, according to icex.es.

Spanish olive oil has an impressive 80% market share in China, making it the indisputable leader, far outstripping Italy. Moreover, exports of Spain’s liquid gold expanded there by 5% in terms of value.

Spanish wine exports to China jumped by 18% between 2016 and 2017, when they totaled 171 million euros. Although Spain only has a market share of 7%, it is the fourth-leading provider of wine, and there is scope for growth.

Spain has surpassed competitors like Germany and the US in terms of pork exports to China, taking first place, with 70% of the total being pork offal and the remaining 30% being meat.

Other popular Spanish products in China include fruit (plums, nectarines and peaches), beer, and baby food.
 

In fact, Spanish agri-food items accounted for slightly more than 20% of total exports to China in 2017, reflecting growth of around 7%, and the three aforementioned products accounted for 80% of those agri food exports, according to icex.es. Samara Kamenecka/@ICEX
Spanish Ham
Close cookie popup

WARNING ABOUT COOKIES

Foodswinesfromspain.com use both our own and third-party cookies for exclusively internal and analytical purposes. They enable us to remember, control and understand how users navigate through our website so we are able to offer services based on information from the user's browser. Some cookies belong to third parties located in countries where the legislation does not guarantee a suitable level of data protection. Click here for more information about our cookie policy. You can accept all cookies by clicking on "Accept" button or you can configure or reject them by clicking on "Settings".